8.20.2009

Pussy Power?

So my friend is about to perform in UCR's Vagina Monologues. I can't wait to see the show and see my friend perform! I'm thinking of making her a poster. So, in advertising for her performance she put a status that said ".....Vagina Power!" This status sparked a little bit of a debate among my friend and a guy that goes to my school. He responded to her status by asking her, "would it be outta pocket for him to say "penis power". What is Vagina/Pussy Power? I like to use Pussy Power more than Vagina Power because it sounds more radical. But anyways, to me pussy power is loving being a woman. Pussy power is knowing that you deserve respect and that you are beautiful enough and smart enough to break rules. Break the conforms of society that say a woman must constantly be the one that looks for a man, while a man must always be hard-core. The rules that say that a woman must be submissive and a man aggressive. The list goes on. I think the main misconception when it comes to pussy power is that it is purely sexual. Pussy power includes but is not limited to sexuality. Men may need the pussy, but when they get it, we have to be submissive. Pussy power, allows us to be more aggressive in the bedroom, allows us to talk about sex without being hushed. So what is penis power? Penis power, is knowing what a man is and not having to prove that by following what the rest of the world is doing, and by being overly aggressive.

Pussy Power! Penis Power!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree PUSSY POWER.. is not exactly sayin ur pussy has power. O but YES THE PUSSY HAS SOOOOOOOOO MANY POWERS. in addition it says that us as women the one who has the PUSSY HAS POWER.

    We've been trained n taught our "norms" from birth subjecting us to pink n baby dolls, toy kitchens, and doin all the household chores.. Damn can I live!!

    REJECT THOSE "norms" WOMyn'n we hold the power to men, to giving life, to being more fulfilled womyn, THE POWER OF OUR PUSSY!!
    (this is just a brief excerpt I def have more to say)


    -womyn who UPHOLDS HER PUSSY, Taji

    ReplyDelete

leave it here.