8.20.2009

Oh No He Didn't #2

So, I was in the library the other day, seeking refuge from my screaming brothers and annoying mom and finding solace in the internet that I hadn't seen in so long, just minding my own business. Along comes this guy I had noticed earlier had been watching me. This time he walked past me, looked at my computer screen and said, "This girl has been here alll day looking at Beyonce." Now mind you, I had just got to the library about 15 minutes prior, and I had yet to look at anything about Beyonce, but his ignorance is not even the worst part. I digress, another guy that he was with, that had earlier tapped me on the shoulder to show me some youtube video he was featured in. I smiled politely and chuckled, some fake, corny movie. Well when this guy heard the first guy's comment(they were together) he said, "Let her dream, man she wishes she was Beyonce." I should have cussed his dumb ass out but I stayed silent. I am still trying to figure out why. Like why would I want to be Beyonce, I love myself, I love being me, I love who I am, inside and out. Beyonce is a beautiful, talented, smart, strong, woman, and I respect her. I love her because she is a woman who empowers other women and because I love that she has values and makes good woman. With all that, coupled with the fact that she has fame, is rich, and a man by her side; I still do not want to be her. I am happy with my life and what I have. Why would that man think that I would want to be Beyonce? All the money in the world would not make me forsake who I am to be anyone else. Maybe be wants every woman to be Beyonce, maybe he wants to be someone else. I just wish he would not have perpetuated his foolishness onto me.

Oh No He Didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave it here.