9.15.2010

Vacation in New York

So as some of you know I'm on vacation in New York right now. Ugh. I'm writing this lying in bed after a long day painting the town. Lol. I haven't made up my mind yet about whether I like NY or not but I know that I at least don't hate it. I couldn't see myself living here, I'm used to the more laid back vibe of LA. A lot of what I've seen of New York thus far fits all the stereotypes and a lot of it doesn't. For instance, I haven't met anyone with a distinct accent yet, I haven't seen any noticeable signs of poverty and I haven't seen anyone with a crazy fashion sense. However this place has hellla people and the streets are just as crowded as what you see in the movies, its very fast paced here. So today I went to lunch at this place called Lucille's, which is totally different from the one we have in SoCal. Let me tell you, it was the worst food and service I have had in a long time. Our waitress was rude and stank, the fried shrimp looked like a plate of vomit, and the rest of the food took forever (Sandlot voice) to come. When it finally did come, both me and my aunt's potatoes were cold and the sauce was nasty, bland and even gave me a stomach ache. Once we told the waitress that we didn't want the food she called her manager. Now, I've been to a lot of restaurants where I didn't like the food and I never had to report to the manager, they usually just take it off the bill automatically. When the manager came he looked at my food and told me there's nothing he could do because I had eaten the salmon (I order BBQ salmon.) Smh. I had taken maybe three bites of it, I was so shocked that they tried to pass that off as BBQ. He did let my aunt get her ribs for her though. I felt it was a slap in the face, as if me eating three bites makes me paying for this nasty ish justified. Smh again. Lol. And guess what? Gratuity was included! I hate when I get bad service and the tip is already included. I was going to give her a tip anyway, because I always give a tip and hate when people don't give a tip but just that she gets a non deserved generous tip grinds my gears! Lol. Well that was just my short vent/review of Lucille's Bar & Grill in Manhattan. Had to let the people know.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha!!! wow. let em know how we do it on the we$tsiiiiiiii-iii-ide

    ReplyDelete

leave it here.